Season 6 continues with Michael Coppola, acclaimed jazz guitar innovator and musician, November 9th 7PM Edmond Town Hall.
Visit www.flagpoleproductions.org for more details.
Express your Heart through Art
Join us for
“Powerful/Powerless” Art-Making & Pizza
SUNDAY, OCTOBER 6
from 2:00 – 4:00 P.M.
BROUGHT TO YOU BY:
Healing Newtown, Newtown Congregational Church, Newtown Cultural Arts Commission
Chill & Spill is a publication of Art with Heart, Seattle, WA | www.artwithheart.org
The week long “Celebration of the Arts” has already begun. Don’t miss out. Check the Arts Festival website (click on the rooster) for details on events leading up to this weekends festival.
The Deadline for resume submissions for our Healing Newtown Director position is now
Friday, August 24th
Newtown Cultural Arts Commission is seeking an individual to serve as the Director of the Healing Newtown Arts Space, overseeing day-to-day administration and operations. Position currently funded for 6 months by the National Endowment for the Arts with possibility of extension if funding is available.
- Establish and execute administrative policies and procedures for office functioning and mission development
- Facilitate administrative infrastructure (office space, telephone and computer systems, software, data storage, records etc) in a cost-effective, professional manner
Coordinate Volunteers and Volunteer activities:
- Report to the NCAC on a monthly basis to update the board on all activity
- Oversee regular operating hours
- Work with NCAC to develop and execute ideas and operational requirements for events and initiatives
- Foster the development of good relations with other cultural organizations by participating in meetings and joint activities where appropriate
- Engage a Connecticut Peer Review Advisor for initial planning and networking input
- Management Experience with cultural /arts organizations preferred.
- Strength in managing, developing, coaching, and retaining individuals and teams
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a commitment to and passion for HealingNewtown.org and NCAC missions
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Ability to delegate work and authority to volunteers/staff
- Bachelor degree preferred
- Proficiency with computers and technology, including Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, record keeping systems and program scheduling software.
- Adept with all social media platforms and strategies
About HealingNewtown and the NCAC:
In the wake of December 14th,2012, HealingNewtown.org was created to facilitate, support, and coordinate all arts-focused efforts made on Newtown’s behalf today and into the future. The project is managed by the Newtown Cultural Arts Commission and, supported by The Town of Newtown, The Cultural Alliance of Western Connecticut and The Connecticut Office of the Arts. The goals of HealingNewtown.org are: a) To manage and program arts healing efforts; b) To continue to coordinate the overwhelming response
Respond Here, Healing Newtown or by mail:
Newtown Cultural Arts Commission
C/O Town of Newtown
3 Primrose Street
Newtown, CT 06470